Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This is the day?

It's cold here. Way too cold. When I got up this morning it was below zero. Cold enough that when you walk outside you feel like your face is going to crack. I don't mind all the snow, but it's too cold. Spring will be nice. Things turning green again, spring training baseball, no heavy jackets; it will be nice.

Why is it that we are never satisfied with the way things are today? We're always wishing today away so we can get to a later date or time. Right now isn't good enough; later things will be better. I don't know, it's an odd cycle. Time goes by and then you look back and wonder what you accomplished back then.

I would really like to get to a point where I enjoy every day for the day it is. It's hard to do when your weeks often look the same, and you're always working toward something at the end of the week. For me its working for Sunday. For others I'm sure it's all about working for the weekend. How do we regain that spirit that this is the day that the Lord has made and we should rejoice and be glad in it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics

RefTagger from Logos

FeedFlare