Thursday, April 3, 2008

The traffic looks good today...and every day


As I was driving home yesterday I switched on the radio in my car. I was tuning in to catch the Cubs post game show (why after yesterday's lost I don't know). The local affiliate broadcasts the games but then switches programing one the game is over. It was a nice clear day so I was able to tune in AM 720 WGN out of Chicago. I had to chuckle when they broke for a traffic update. Something about a tanker truck rolling over on an exit ramp and bursting into flames. Now that in itself isn't funny. What is a bit funny was thinking about all those years living in Chicago when I would listen carefully to the traffic report, but now, as I'm listening with no other vehicle on the road, cows on one side and fields as far as the eye can see. Some days I miss Chicago, but I sure don't miss the traffic.

1 comment:

  1. Traffic reports in Chicago are done by code. I once told my husband that what we understand by second nature ("Lake Cook to the Junction, 45 minutes; Red Line running 10 minutes") needed a translator for those new in town.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics

RefTagger from Logos

FeedFlare