Thursday, April 30, 2009

Is GREEN the new (RED)?

Someone help me out here. Is it just me or is "green" the

iPod Nano Red. Special Edition. Author: o_more...Image via Wikipedia

new "red"? Do you remember a year or two ago when the big thing was the (RED) campaign to eliminate AIDS in Africa? It was a huge deal at the time. People were buying all kinds of RED products including the special RED ipod. Great idea, but how come I never hear about it any more? Is it because RED is out and green is in?

A light bulbImage via Wikipedia

There's no doubt that the buzz today is all about environmentalism. But is it just buzz. Is it the new trend to get behind? If I "go green" it will be for the right reasons. I buy corkscrew bulbs to keep my electric bill down, and that's about it. I don't feel compelled to jump on the bandwagon just yet, not even on the sanitized Christian version labeled "Creation Care" so we do get lumped in with the others.

Tell me, am I missing something? I want to be more concerned but I'm not quite there yet. What color should I be?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics

RefTagger from Logos

FeedFlare