Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Tour of my DG Conference SWAG Bag – Part 1

Last week I was up in Minneapolis, MN for the 2010 Desiring God Conference for Pastors. Now, I’m one of those people who goes crazy for free stuff (really, who doesn’t like getting stuff for free), so I was overjoyed that upon checking in I was handed a bag of freebies or what I like to call ‘SWAG’.

For those who didn’t attend or for those interested in what was handed out, here are the contents of my SWAG bag courtesy of Desiring God Ministries and their conference sponsors and partners.

Journibles The 17:18 Series: Proverbs

What’s a Journible you ask? I’d never heard of it either, but by the end of the conference I not only had my free copy on Proverbs, I had also purchased the one for Galatians-2 Thessalonians. If you have ever wanted to slow down and really focus on the words of Scripture this might be the tool for you. This journal allows you to write out a whole book of the Bible in your own handwriting and leaves room on the facing page for your own reflections. For more information visit the 17:18 Series website.

Tabletalk – February, 2010

Tabletalk is a monthly devotional magazine published by Ligonier Ministries. In my bag I received the February, 2010 issue which in addition to the daily devotional readings also includes a series of short, well written articles by a variety of evangelical scholars. In this issue the topic at hand is the doctrine of justification by faith and in particular the understanding of this doctrine as presented by Bishop N.T. Wright.

A Short Life of Jonathan Edwards (Unabridged Audio CD)

I’ve been a big fan of christianaudio.com for some time (full disclosure: I am also a participant in their Reviewers Program). This actually is the first of their audiobooks that I have owned on CD. Usually I just download my audiobooks in mp3 format and dump them on my iPod. This particular audiobook, written by George M. Marsden and read by Grover Gardner, is on 4 CDs and has a running time of about 5 hours. I look forward to listening and to learning more about Edwards and his ministry.

With 11 more items in my bag I think I it is best to divide this post up this week. Follow these links and take a look for yourself at these resources. Leave your comments if you have read or listened to any of these; I would love to hear your thoughts.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics

RefTagger from Logos

FeedFlare