Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Tour of my DG Conference SWAG Bag – Part 2

Yesterday I posted the first part of a series of posts annotating the contents of my ‘nifty gifties’ that I picked up at last week’s Desiring God Conference for Pastors. Here are a few of the books that were included in my bag.

Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World

This little book edited by C.J. Mahaney contains six reflections on keeping a God-centered heart in a self-centered world. The contributors include Mahaney, Craig Cabaniss, Bob Kauflin, Dave Harvey, and Jeff Purswell. This work also includes a helpful set of discussion questions so that that the book can be read and discussed in a group setting. [Published by Crossway Books]

Contagious Christian Living

This book and study guide takes the reader into an examination of the lives of four Biblical characters including Jepthah’s Daughter (Judges 11:29-40), Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52), Jacob (Genesis 32:22-32), and Daniel (Daniel 1). In this study, the author, Joel R. Beeke address the question of what does it mean to live “contagiously” as a Christian.

Note: I couldn’t find this book when I searched amazon.com so I’m glad that DG has introduced me to a book I might not otherwise have stumbled on. It makes me wonder what other treasures might be out there that aren’t as widely known. [Published by Reformation Heritage Books]

Teaching Romans Volume 1: Unlocking Romans 1 - 8 for the Bible Teacher

Christopher Ash has written a helpful volume designed to help preachers and Bible teachers do exactly what the title suggests—teach Romans. This first volume covering the first eight chapters of Romans is divided into three sections covering introductory material, Romans 1-4, and Romans 5-8). Volume 2 in the series, covering Romans 9-16 is also available as a companion to this work. [Published by Christian Focus Publications]

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics

RefTagger from Logos

FeedFlare